Monday, October 8, 2007

Well, this card was made for a friend undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer. A very rare form of ovarian cancer that affects 10 people every year. Yesterday, she celebrated her 39th birthday undergoing a PET scan. I have been so moved by this since we are the same age and because I know her as someone so full of vibrant life it's hard to wrap my brain around. Sometimes things strike you and make you take pause to see where you're not paying attention in your own life and this has been one for me. Watch out in the future for MFT specials to benefit this family. Her hubby, a former boss, told me that this will be a marathon, not a sprint, and I think that is a wonderful metaphor. I will keep you posted! Now, onto the card...I used Bundles of Bouquets for this card as well as It's Elemental. I modified this sketch from CPS and created a layout I kind of like! Different and WAY out of the norm for me! I also played with the Cryogen White paper Sharon Harnist made me order. Yep, that's right, gun to my head, twist of the arm and all! What's so funny is how easily enabled I am by all these gals! You too probably, I am sure I am in good company! I also played with some new Faber Castell Albrecht Duhrer Watercolor pencils as well. The Cryogen White is not the right paper for watercoloring, but it turned out OK! I will have to make extra time this week to practice my watercoloring!!!

9 comments:

toners said...

Gorgeous card, Kim! I look forward to hearing more about the special cause.

So....tell me more about this Cryogen White paper? Is it a must-have? :)

Sharon Harnist said...

Bwahaha . . . I'm pulling the gun away from your head now, Kim!! It's gorgeous paper, isn't it? This is a beautiful card AND cause . . . can't wait to see what all you have in store for us!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Kim, your watercoloring looks great. This is a beautiful card and I'm sure your friend is going to love it.

Unknown said...

Kim, this is such pretty, cheery and of course, totally thoughtful card. I'm sure it will brighten your friends day.

Bethany Paull said...

This is a very beautiful card. {{{HUGS}}} to your friend. It seems it would be even more difficult to deal with such a rare illness. I think you would feel more alone. Making your card even more appreciated.

Diane said...

What a gorgeous card!!I'm sure your friend will love it!!

Ashley said...

SUPER CUTE, KIM!!!! I love the layers and detailing! AWESOME! Hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Monica-FC said...

I love the colors. the card is great.

Tiffiny said...

I love how you watercolored this card. Good job.