Friday, November 9, 2007


I created this card for the MFT sketch challenge on Splitcoast, in the Member Company section. If you haven't checked it out already, please do! Check them all out, all 8 of us! I used a new patterned paper I will be talking more about in a couple of weeks and used multiple layers to keep it interesting. I stamped the tree on watercolor paper and used reinkers to color and then cut it out and mounted it on the scalloped oval. I created the ornaments with the Essential Glue pad and some glitter! I am quite happy with how they turned out! It was certainly fun to stamp today with no particular purpose in mind other than following the sketch challenge. I've been creating some sets with the last few releases that are a bit out of my comfort zone and earlier this week (while in the midst of developing some new punch sets) about said to heck with it! I thought maybe I was better off sticking to what, most often, is simple for us to create, less of a stretch and so forth...and I almost had myself talked into it...UNTIL...I received the samples back on one of the December releases, Icing on the Cake, which uses the scalloped rectangle punches! Then I was once again in love and sure I had a new favorite set (recurring theme as you'll discover...)! So, I then thought about what my original intention had been for My Favorite Things and that was to create only the sets I wanted to work with. Because I don't know the rest of the world well enough to make sets they want to work with, ykwim? So, happily playing with my new set, I thought again about the direction MFT is heading and have decided it is straight ahead!

6 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Love the card Kim...and the velvet ribbon adds just the right touch! Can't wait to see these new sets you're hinting at. :-)

Christi Flores said...

Kim, I love this card!! That patterned paper is awesome and I love that ribbon. Now you've peaked my curiosity about your new sets. :)

Laura Williams said...

Oooh, that is SO pretty!!!! i love the paper! What fun!!!! Can't wait to see whats on the way! :)

Alma de la Rosa said...

More to you, baby. Trust what you know. Since, you know, it's what you know. Besides, I know you have excellent taste!

Alma de la Rosa said...

More power to you, baby. Trust what you know. Since, you know, it's what you know. Besides, I know you have excellent taste!

toners said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the details! :)