Monday, March 3, 2008

I finally scored a few minutes to make a card...I think Cindy would've killed me if I hadn't! Just kidding! Each week she creates a new sketch for the forum and each week it grows a larger following, so nice to see her rewarded for her efforts! I made this using the new Punch a Bunch set out on Wed night HERE! The set has a frame for both the purple and pink punches, and two sets of stems and flowers, both small and large so you have some flexibility. It also has four curved sentiments that can be positioned to fit either within the purple oval, within the pink oval OR outside the pink oval depending on the look you are wanting to create. You can stamp a sentiment on both the top and bottom of the large purple oval like I did in the above card, or just one or the other! Then you can choose the small or large stem/leaves combo and finally choose between open or solid flower heads. I made an interesting discovery (to me anyway) when creating this card today...I stamped and embossed the flower heads first and then stamped the stems. By doing that, I found I could remove the excess ink from the stems that were on top of the flower heads! Cool huh? The ultimate in flexibility AND the ultimate in 10 minute cards! You can check out some of the other MFTeasers the DT girls have created by clicking HERE. I hope to see all of you Wed night, we always have a great time and eveyone is welcome! I also want to give a shout out to this months Guest Designers...such fabulous talent!!!!! Happy stamping!

9 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

This is fabulous!! And what a genius idea...embossing the flowers! Love it!

toners said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kim :) Love the colors, too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool card Kim, so glad you found time to do it, I really didn't want to have to send my hench men out to get you. LOL.

Embossing great idea. Lots of awesome cards in the gallery this week, it's so exciting to see what everyone comes up with.

Hugs Cindy

Laura lok said...

great card so beautiful

Laura Williams said...

Oh this is SO cute! I love it! :)

Bonnie said...

Love it!1 I knew you wouldn't let me down! I was looking all over to see WHICH size punches could be used!! and I KNEW that you would tell me! Thank you!!! (I am ashamed to say I did not look on ALL the DT posts, but a couple!)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a fabulous card! So unique!

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful creation Kim!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for a fun party the other night. You and the girls crack me up. Of course, stayed up way too late stamping that night, up early to finish up before work the next day. Last night I fell asleep at 9:15 - how lame!

Hope you're doing well and having fun shipping out a flurry of new orders!

See you sooooooon!